The E-Learning Curve Blog Joins the eLearning Learning Community

I’m delighted to announce that the E-Learning Curve Blog has joined the eLearning Learning community. eLearning Learning is

a community that tries to collect and organize the best information on the web that will help you learn and stay current on eLearning.

In a response to a Learning Circuits Blog Big Question a few months ago, I described myself as a ‘learnivore:’

I continually acquire new knowledge and information through my Web-, book-, podcast-, and presentation reading, blogging (reading and writing), academic study and research, and work-based learning-related tasks. These activities are drivers for the information I try to take on board in my attempts to enhance my skills, abilities, and expertise.

elearningLearningLogo

This sounds great in theory, but in practice it means that I must carefully manage my time to ensure that I can stay current with the best that all of the above (especially the e-learning blogging community) have to contribute. For the last 18 months, I have used Google reader, Foxmarks, del.icio.us and Bloglines to manage my RSS feeds and interesting links. All of these utilities are great, but having four tools to aggregate and store content is inefficient, particularly as I don’t just subscribe to e-learning blogs. eLearning Learning enables me to access a range of regularly updated e-learning content with the click of a mouse button. 

In my view, eLearning Learning’s value is threefold (see Figure 1):

1. It’s a single location when you can access the cream of e-learning blogs and commentary from a diverse range of contributors
  2. Those contributors write some of my favorite blogs including Clive on Learning, eLearning Technology, elearnspace, Informal Learning, Jane Hart – Pick of the Day, Kapp Notes, Lars is Learning and the Rapid eLearning Blog… as well as a bunch of really interesting blogs I’m looking forward to getting to know. 
  3. It’s an easy-to-use, web-based interface – perfect (and appropriate) to view content from the main page area, by keyword or blog name. Similarly, find content using the search functionality.

The easiest way to discover the site is to simply go there and check it out. In the meantime I’ve created a (very) short demo highlighting some of the features: just click on the image to view the presentation.

elearningLearningUI Figure 1. eLearning Learning homepage